Graduate Minors

All Ph.D. program students in the School of Natural Resources and the Environment must complete a minor course of study of at least nine units. Eligible students for a Ph.D. minor are those admitted in current university Ph.D. programs.

If you’re a natural resources or water, society, and policy graduate student, the courses you select for your minor must be approved by your minor advisor and your faculty advisory committee. Students from outside of the School of Natural Resources must identify a minor advisor who will determine which courses are best suited for your degree and your minor. Your minor advisor will sit on your comprehensive exam committee but is not required to be part of your dissertation defense committee.

Questions? Contact Graduate Coordinator Debbie Cross at sends e-mail) 

Natural Resources Minor for Ph.D. Students

giraffes and a jeep

Water, Society, & Policy Minor for Ph.D. Students

Horseshoe Bend photo